Monday, October 7, 2013

Base Coat

 
Hi there!
 
Back again with another layout. Sometimes I keep photos for many years before I scrap them, because for one I can be a bit slow on keeping up with my scrapping with the amount of photos I take and secondly because sometimes I am looking for the right paper, embellishments etc..
I've had these photos of my nephew Lennox for about 10 months now and just didn't have that right paper in my stash so they were put to the side. Then recently kaisercraft bought out a new range called 'base coat' which was perfect for this style of photo. A bit weathered, vintage and boyish I thought, so out came the photos of Lennox. Here he is sitting in the mud of his house that is being renovated, just being a typical boy I suppose. So I wanted the page to look a bit messy, muddy, worn and boyish.
 
To create the layout I used the background paper called weathered which I distressed and inked around the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in walnut stain, the strips of paper what looks like weatherboard I can't remember the name of in the base coat range but I cut it up into different sized strips and inked and distressed the edges. I randomly placed the string around the page and attached it in a few places with staples and fabric glue. I also created a small bunting with left over scraps. For the background I used a kaisercraft stamp called 'distress' and again Tim Holt's distress ink and stamped randomly. I then applied gesso messily and once dry I rubbed over the top with distress ink to get that muddy look. I used an unknown alphabet stamp that I've had in my collection for forever to stamp his name again with the distress ink and a kaisercraft stamp called 'tag' to write my journaling in. The little die cut which says 'boys will be boys' is from the kaisercraft range called 'rewind'. I also inked around the edges. The date was stamped with a dater stamp.      
 

Even though it is quite a simple page I really love it, and enjoyed creating it. I had an image in my mind and it turned out just the way I wanted. I will definitely be using this kaisercraft range again, it's very versatile.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last post, it was nice to know someone was reading my blog. :-)

Until next time,
happy scrapping!

Belinda

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! So original! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout!!!! Thanks for popping by my blog. Love the look at yours. I could not find a follow button but have save your blog to my computer :D

    ReplyDelete